I’ve got two books for giveaway for this year’s Armchair BEA. I should mention I have not read either; I’m merely hosting a giveaway.
In Such a Pretty Fat, Jen Lancaster learned how to come to terms with her body. In My Fair Lazy, she expanded her mind. Now the New York Timesbestselling author gives herself—and her generation—a kick in the X, by facing her greatest challenge to date: acting her age.
Jen is finally ready to put away childish things (except her Barbie Styling Head, of course) and embrace the investment-making, mortgage-carrying, life-insurance-having adult she’s become. From getting a mammogram to volunteering at a halfway house, she tackles the grown-up activities she’s resisted for years, and with each rite of passage she completes, she’ll uncover a valuable—and probably humiliating—life lesson that will ease her path to full-fledged, if reluctant, adulthood.
ISBN 9780451233172 | 368 pages | 01 May 2012 | NAL | 9.25 x 6.25in | 18 – AND UP
Many thanks to Melissa at Penguin for this title.
Also up for grabs is a new book, due out TODAY, called Little Night by Luanne Rice.
The description from the publisher:
LITTLE NIGHT has elements of classic Luanne Rice—the complex family dynamics, the atmospheric sense of place (specifically, her incredible descriptions of New York’s wildlife and natural areas). But it is also extremely suspenseful as we learn the truth of what Grit has endured the past twenty years. Because Grit’s mother Anne is absent for most of the book, she has a ghostlike, haunting presence, affecting Grit and Clare as deeply as if she were present. Above all, LITTLE NIGHT is a riveting story about women and the primal, tangled family ties that bind them together.
ISBN 9780670023561 | 336 pages | 05 Jun 2012 | Pamela Dorman Books | 5.98 x 9.01in | 18 – AND UP
Many thanks to Lindsay for the giveaway copy!
So… here’s how it works! There will be two winners, one for each book. Winning is really easy.
- In the comments section below, leave your first name and your email in the following format email (at) domain (dot) com.
- You can earn extra entries (one for each) by:
1) posting a link to this giveaway on your blog/site (post the link below so I can find it)
2) linking to it on Twitter (please include my handle @cineastesview and #armchairbea)
- Contest closes at 11:59pm EST June 7 (Thursday!) so get those entries in. Winners will be notified by email. Books will be sent directly from the publisher to a US mailing address only. THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW OVER!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS!
Bonnie Regan, you’ve won JENERATION X.
Mary Ward, you’ve won LITTLE NIGHT.
LADIES, I will be in touch soon.
Thank you to everyone who entered. Happy Armchair BEA!